Change of Name

(508) 375-6725 or (508) 375-6836

  There is generally one employee responsible for processing all new cases, docketing all filings in this category.  They are also responsible for sending out Decrees.   Please note that a change of name decree does not result in a change on a birth certificate.

Change of Name Forms:

NO: Type of Form Instructions
CJ-P 27 Petition for Change of Name Petition to be used for name change.  Must be printed on bonded, acid free paper.
CP- 2 Request for Record Information This form must be filed with all Change of Names, Adoptions and Guardianship petitions.
OCAJ-1 TCR IV Affidavit Disclosing Care and Custody Procedure Must be filed with all petitions/complaints wherein custody is an issue